Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Socks That Always Match

Problem:  Trying to find a matched pair of socks.
Solution: Buy all your socks the same.

This has saved me a lot of time and headache.  After doing the wash it was socks that always took the most time to sort out.  One day I hit on the idea of buying 14 pairs of white socks and 14 pairs of black socks that are all the same.  When the socks come out of the wash I just dump them in the drawer.  Any two white or black socks I grab always match.  When they start to wear out, I trash them all and start over with new socks that are all the same.     I suggest that you buy more socks then you typically use between washes.  That way you have a few extras to replace the ones that get "eaten by the dryer" or go to wherever it is that lost socks go.

No comments:

Post a Comment